Thanks to Our Sponsor:

Monday, March 13, 2006

Update from Tom

I just received notification that we have been accepted in the Monday
night division we played in last year. Our first game will be Monday,
April 17, schedule yet to come.

The batting cages at Cameron Run and Upton Hills Parks open Saturday at
10:00 am. I intend to be at Cameron Run by 10:30, and welcome any and
all of you to join me. Bring your gloves and we will throw some in the
parking lot in addition to taking swings in the cages. This is our
first
(voluntary) practice of the year. If anyone would like to head up a
practice at Upton Hills, please let me know, otherwise we can all just
go to Cameron. I encourage everyone to spend as much time in the cages
as they can this season.

As soon as they allow me to, I will sign up for a couple of practice
times with Arlington County.

The Youth Benefit Tournament will be held Saturday and Sunday, April 1
and 2. I intend to enter our team in that tournament and will ask for a
preliminary nose count next week.

Finally, I have been having trouble connecting with the Stars & Stripes
to arrange a sponsorship for this season, so there is a real
possibility
they may not sponsor us. At the same time, Arlington has significantly
increased the fees this season. If we are unable to obtain a sponsor,
the team fee for the Spring season will fall in the range of $50 to $60
per player, depending on the number of regular players we have on the
team.

If I can connect with Stars & Stripes, we will set up a team party
sometime before April 17.

I look forward to seeing everyone again.
Tom

No comments:


Top (L to R): Mike Mattoon, Dave Buttner, Alan Boyd, Al Peterson, Dan Meehan, Tom Meldrum (El Hefe)

Bottom: Al Schneider, Jeff Donald, Lee Defibaugh, Andrew Kessler, Chris Boniface, Jim Foti

Not Pictured: Mike Chapman, John Gulisano, Jeff Morris, Ed Reich

Fall 2006